Coddled Eggs

Coddled Eggs

Friday 16 May 2014

           ......The snow is a comin.......


This morning I woke early ....The frost was here, Jack and his little paint brush ..... although it is very beautiful and usually makes for a lovely day I felt cold and just couldn't get warm.
It was only with  fire roaring, a scalding hot coffee and a good breakfast that I began to thaw.
I don't like electric blankets so tonight I will fill a hot water bottle and cuddle up with that.
I have some old blankets so feel a day of making hottie covers is in order............


Still misty ....and very cold but actually it wasn't minus 0?????????? Yet


I did a bit more to the cards 



The pear tree I espaliered three
years ago gives me lovely pears every year.
This year I have been getting about 6 a week .They seemed to take time ripening  Last year I was in Europe at this time so have no idea how the pears went ....

The last dozen pears were turned into a vanilla and pear preserve  ............

I had the pleasure of spending the day with two of my little grand children and of course a card was made for the other Nana.
I get so much pleasure from my little grandchildren I could write short stories on each and the things they have said.


This lovely little book I got from my daughter  who found it in an opportunity shop....I have had it many years but I so enjoy it








The bouquets goes to my daughters in law ...for just being so very lovely






.

The find of the day would have to be pottery classes for children....I will keep you posted with the little ones creations.......
Its a beautiful day  so I will leave you all to enjoy life and those you love.....



No comments :

Post a Comment