Coddled Eggs

Coddled Eggs

Wednesday 30 September 2015

                                Spring is in the air ...everywhere I look around

My neighbour made the comment ...."You can nearly see the grass grow in front of your eyes" and I would agree.

Every day more and more blooms are appearing in my garden.

Today I planted about 100 bulbs, I kid you not. I was so enthused I didn't even bother with gloves but glorified in the earth........





The bulbs were Giants. They were Lily and freesia.
I can already smell them.....




I espaliered this pear 5 years ago and every year it gets more and more fruit. 
























and when my hands were too tired and sore I went inside and made some ricotta, a potato bake and those yummy citrus muffins .




Ricotta is so simple to make ,Just heat whole milk 2 litres to 90c  add tsp salt, add 1 tsp citric acid it will separate immediately .Leave for an hour or so and strain.So easy....





The ricotta goes well in mushed up pea's with sage.

So after a huge day its time for comfort food and bed...

The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just on the body, but the soul.




No comments :

Post a Comment