Coddled Eggs

Coddled Eggs

Friday 2 October 2015

                  Pancakes, Perfume and Play

Holiday's are upon us and for the man of the house and I that means the grandchildren are upon us too.
It usually means bubble baths with dinosaur eggs (a gelatinous ball that expands in the water), sleeping in Opa and Oma's bed. Pancakes for breakfast and some sort of creative project.
A creative project for me too thanks to oldest granddaughter who downloaded an app called photo grid so I could collage my photo's ......Yeah so much quicker and easier now to upload.

"Easy As"pancakes..just toss some flour into buttermilk with a whisked egg and some vanilla pinch salt and tbsp sugar. I use a whisk to make it smooth and then I use Aunty Rosie's christmas gift. The best non stick pancake pan and a wooden batter trowel. Thanks Aunty Rosie.
My fresh Orange and Lemon cordial went down well too. I used 1 part cordial to 4 parts water.
I sometimes get told off (and rightfully so) for letting the littlies have too much sugar so the drink was very healthy.




Yanni this is your Raspberry jam and as you can see little man can not get enough of it.




Gone in one gulp...believe it or not he ate three....


and he had had breakfast...


The older two sat eating their pancakes in front of the tele. Its a practice I am going to change ...I want to get us all back to the dining table again.


The breakfast bar is always a great place too.


To finish the day the wee girls settled on making perfume... We found a quick recipe on the net using vodka, water and lavender oil. 
I found an old room spray bottle. Mr Dr Handyman  removed the lid and reattached it after the bottle was filled.
Very happy little girls.








Removing the lid wasn't so easy ...



and putting the lid back on proved to be a bit more of a challenge..



It didn't spray
too well. More like spat out droplets but then that seemed better for the little girls. We all got to wear a lovely lavender fragrance.



The rest of the day was spent outside in the sun and picking flowers to be delivered home with the children...
“It is paradoxical that many educators and parents still differentiate between a time for learning and a time for play without seeing the vital connection between them.” -Leo F. Buscaglia

next time we may make a pot pourri fragrance by steeping the petals in warm vodka overnight a heady infusion or a confusion of smells...????
The car was loaded up with the flowers (believe me it is most important to teach children how to pick flowers). Stems Stems stems we all chant . This is because once upon a time the children would present me with flower heads from my garden. 


Bags, children  and flowers were loaded into the car.Away we went only to stop several times to capture shots of the incredible sky. Some people have commented on the skies I paint .I wanted to share with you in photo form just how dramatic our light and sky can be.




I was sure a huge front was moving in and that it would bring a big dump of snow....
but further down the road it seemed to improve 

as the sun made a spectacular appearance.




This is a typical sky scene for me.



someone once told me my sky doesn't represent a true sky..hmmmm yes it does look a bit like a volcanic cloud if you see it like that ...but really these are clouds like we experience here in central Otago.


What we don't experience are the huge puddles like the ones I have painted here .That was my imagination and "firmament" wish.




with four of the eight safely home, albeit tired from a big day I could return to my home and relax before the morrow brings two more grandchildren .One will want to complete art projects for her exams and  no doubt the other will teach me more about APPS. I love using it.
 It even puts little saying and quotes on your photo's.Now I have to learn how to put my own on. 
I have enjoyed playing with the photo thingy app. I am no photographer and just use my ipad but now I am starting to want to have a bit of a better camera set up....
On second thoughts..
No actually I'LL STICK TO PAINTING.

This little posie went to someone that holds a very special place in my heart. A beautiful soul.
It's been a wonderful day spent playing with my grandchildren .....I am so grateful for them and the joy they bring.

Remember to stop and play this week .

“We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -George Bernard Shaw






















No comments :

Post a Comment